Friday, January 9, 2015

reflection

I took a class at church about seven or eight years ago and the instructor told a story about how he kept a prayer journal.  During the years he would go back and check off all the prayers that were answered.  What an awesome idea and trust me, it's hard to do.  I've started at least four of them.
Then I realized that this blog is just that and I have a record of the prayers we've asked for (except for some of the simple ones, like please let her sleep through the night).

So I read the entire blog.  Sometimes I can't even believe we have been through all that.  I took all the prayer requests and compiled them.

For her growth and movement, improvement over the last week and continued activity
For blood flow through the umbilical cord
For our doctors that will recommend what is our best option
For Mike and I as we learn about our options and have to make a decisions.
For Mike and I to have a sense of peace and calm as we work our way through this unexpected news.
Prayer for her stability and as much peace of mind for Mike and I as possible.
Pray specifically for a room to open up at the Ronald McDonald House,
For Lucy's strength
God's hand over the doctors and nurses that are treating her.
Prayers for patience during this process are much needed!
Strength for Mike and I as we wait through surgery
God's watch over the cardiologists and surgeons as they perform the hybrid procedure
For Lucy's strength and quick recovery
God's hand over the entire process
Strength for Lucy as she deals with this trauma and a healthy recovery
Strength for Mike and I as we deal with each day as it comes.
 as we continue to commute to the hospital and get limited time with our daughter.
God's watch over Dr. Ilbawi and his team as they perform the Norwood procedure
For Lucy's strength
Strength and peace for Mike and I as we wait through surgery
God's hand over the entire process
As I am nearing the end of my leave, we ask for prayers for a clear plan for Lucy's care.
Pray for her ongoing recovery and continued strength for Mike and I.
Prayers for Lucy's irritability.  That she can be calm and is able to get some rest.
Pray for Lucy's continued progress and for a easy transition to home living.
We ask specifically for prayers about Lucy's heart function.
Prayers for God's hands on all aspects of the surgery Wednesday would be greatly appreciated.
Please pray that a heart become available for this family and for the family that decides to donate the heart!
Prayers for direction on selling the condo and buying a new home would be greatly appreciated.
Prayers for a successful procedure and a good night's rest for Mike and I.
Prayer for a safe and successful surgery and some peace and understanding as we deal with this unexpected news.

As I read through all of these I notice most were answered, maybe not exactly as I requested and some still might be a work in progress.  Um, my patience and understanding.  So many times when prayers are answered we forget to sing praise.  So thank you to all who prayed so diligently throughout this year.  Praise God for giving us (and mostly Lucy) the strength to make it through this year.  Here's hoping in 2015 Lucy can be less of a warrior and more of a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment