Friday, March 20, 2015

Months seven through twelve and a trial

We still haven't made it to get professional pictures.  Who knew working up to pulling the NG tube was going to be all consuming.  When we are not in her high chair coaxing her into sips of formula and bites of food, we are offering water and snacks through the day.  We are constantly thinking of new ways to introduce food and little tricks that will increase her intake.

It looks like this weekend is a go.  Leading up to this 'trial' has been slightly emotional.  I'm a little boggled by it too.  I can go into surgery day and not shed a tear, but every time I have thought about pulling the tube my eyes well up (they just did right now typing this).  I don't know if it is because during surgery it's out of my control, my trust is the skilled doctors.  Where as this trial is on us.  If Lucy isn't successful, we failed. 

So today I am trying something different.  When I start to feel emotional, I am going to repeat Jeremiah 17:7.
      But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.

I am hoping this will ease my anxiety as we pull her NG tube tonight and wade into a weekend of unknown.  We will need all the prayer support we can get.

Pray specifically for Lucy to drink!  We need her to drink 20 ounces of formula to maintain her weight.  We understand the first day will not be that much but if we could do half of that we could consider it a success.

Pray that Lucy can take all her medication orally.  We have been practicing so we hope for an easy transition.

Pray that she can start to understand what hunger pains are and that drinking and eating will make them go away.  More or less, pray that this whole eating thing just clicks.

Pray that Mike and I stay calm through this trial, as that will be what Lucy needs most.


Anyway, we are still taking plenty of pictures on our own and boy is she changing.

September

October

Lucy seemed to go from baby to toddler between these two months

November

December


January


February

1 comment:

  1. She gets more beautiful with each day. Praying for all that you asked for and more! Take care!

    ReplyDelete