Sunday, December 1, 2013

It's positive

To me, humor really is the best medicine for the soul.  Without being able to laugh with Mike through all the hardships, I'm not sure either of us would be in the state of mind we are now.  With that being said, please know that some of the jokes/comments I make are our way of dealing with tough times.

If I learned anything through this process, it's don't take a pregnancy test at night.  When it's positive you can't finish that bottle of wine you just opened.  So on the night of July 4th, I can only assume I really believed the test would be negative when I decided to take one.  To my surprise, it wasn't.  I walked into the other room to show Mike and I said, "Don't get to excited, it's probably a dud (aka Dudley).  I give it about 3 weeks and we'll be back to normal".  And with the news, we decided to take a slightly different, more relaxed approach.  We waited a week to call the doctor and two weeks before going in for our first ultrasound.  With each appointment, I prepared myself for the inevitable.....there's been no growth, no heartbeat.  But with each ultrasound we saw growth and for the first time I heard a healthy heartbeat.  By the third ultrasound we were approaching 10 weeks, I almost couldn't believe it.  We were two weeks from safely making it through the first trimester.  As we started to get a little excited, we still waited until almost 15 weeks to start telling people.  Up until this point everything was going well.  I was feeling good, still working out and just going about our daily activities.  Little did we know what was ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment